Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Finally!

After almost 2 weeks of no running I ran 30 mins on the treadmill yesterday and today!! woohoo! Who would have thought it would take this long? Definately not me.. I'm still not 100% but almost there! I'd like to head off to Flag injury free and I think that may happen! I have done a few longer swims to make up for my lack of excercise.. some 6k'ers...and lots of elliptical trainer sessions and I even braved the rain a few times for some outdoor riding...I've sort of turned into a fairweather rider but I'm slowly getting out of it. I rode around the lake a few times today on my cross bike today. We've had so much rain that the lake is now like overflowing over the trails..it was a fun ride! I'll continue with my base training this week and then head off to flagstaff on monday!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:58 AM

    Hi Kirsten,you have lots of rain in Victoria and we have the snow.What would you rather have, the rain or snow for outdoor training? I hope you enjoy your trip to Flagstaff and the weather co-operates. Safe Journey and keep in touch............Nfld

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:58 PM

    Hi , im a tri athlete from brazil ... i met you at lausanne wc .... number_therealone@hotmail.com - My Msn .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would rather have rain... When we had snow it was pretty tough to run and impossible to ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:11 PM

    you wont add me at the msn =/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually somehow lost MSN off my computer a while ago and I don't use it much so I never noticed but I will add you as soon as I get it back. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Kirsten I wish you the best for 2007. I saw you racing in Geneva, and met you under the bridge on the way to the doping checking, greating you for the beautiful race. I saw you again in Lausanne winning with the beauty of a champion. Since I have been reading your log and found many insides of a young girl with goals and objetives in life. Keep the good work and example. I am currently coaching a young girl from Mexico (still 16) since 2000 who raced in both places I saw you.

    My best to you.
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:11 PM

    ah ok ... but add me =D if a go to hamburg we met there

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok! I got msn and just added you. Hope to catch up in Hamburg!

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete