Monday, September 10, 2007

Take 2

After a pretty disastrous World Champs I am ready for the next round...the Beijing test event, our last Olympic qualifier for the year and everyone is going to be there just like last week! Only this time, it's warm and hilly! Training the last couple days has been good. Swam open water every day! The pools in Vic all close at the same time...smart.. ask Colin what he thinks about that :P My back has been pretty good..annoying at times but Motrin does the trick for racing! ;) Saturday was a good day with some "steady, strong solid, give it a go, see how you feel, if your feeling good...." hill reps. haha somehow every effort description turns into the same pace...hard! and thats what it was...hard! I rode mainly solo keeping some solid wattage..went with the guys on one...ouch I think that fried my legs for the rest of the day! That afternoon we did a run at Beacon Hill. 4x harder than hamish but ending at the bottom of the hill which is smack on 15000m. My legs were like 500 pounds EACH...it was a tough one to get through but its done..last hard run before beijing! Now I'm packing and getting ready to head off this morning for a nice relaxing 12 hour flight :P

9 comments:

  1. Kristin you rock! I will be sending you some good vibes on race morning from next door here in South Korea. Have a super day and enjoy the pain!!!!

    Sony Keys Gawley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck in Beijing Kirsten.
    -Your adoring fans in Washington State.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!

    Good Luck again...stay relaxed!

    take care,

    ;]

    mr.guns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great "test" in Beijing Kirsten!

    I bet the bad luck is all behind you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will watch your race on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well from what I remember Kirsten, you have been in this situation before and what did you do last time? You bounced back from Des Moines with a fabulous race in Edmonton. You will bounce back this time as well! We know you can do it! Best of luck. We are all rooting for you!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rooting for you out east -- go for the gold. you have it in you.

    Stu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. best of luck also from the little fanclub from Switzerland ;).

    Go for Gold

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Champ,
    I watched live and got worried when you DNF'ed. I hope everything is ok and you can shake it off. Keep your head up and keep working. Enjoy "The Great Wall"

    Supporting Krisitn,

    Sony Keys Gawley

    ReplyDelete