Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cricket Sounds

I received a nice message from a fellow Canadian athlete this week asking if my lack of blogging had to do with the fact that things aren't going well for me right now. This is a common and usually valid observation when following the blog of an athlete. Of course there are always exceptions. Like me for example! The less apparent I am online, the more content with life I seem to be. I am separating life and triathlon here. Sometimes, I admit blogging is easier when all is going well including training and racing but my lack of blogging now has more to do with the fact that this is a triathlon blog and when nothing super exciting is happening in that part of my life I don't really feel the need to update the internet world on the rest of my life! "Today I hung out with my friends and then cooked a nice dinner, it was great" ..... I'm sure you guys don't want that either!! It has been almost 2 months since I last wrote a post and quite a bit has changed so it is indeed time for an update!!

Last you heard, I found out about my stress fracture and was in the air cast. I stayed in that for nearly 7 weeks all together! After that amount of time I was happy to give the boot "the boot!" Things since then are slowly progressing. My fracture is all healed but my plantar fascia is taking it's time. I can swim and bike now and am just beginning my walk/run progression which is always exciting!

The big news is that I am now being re-coached by my longest standing coach ever, Joel Filliol. He has returned to Canada and is coaching a small, fun little group of girls. I am very excited about this. So far things are going great and the much needed direction and attention to detail is doing wonders!

Otherwise there is not much to report! Just "chopping wood and carryin water." Slow n steady, nothing crazy. I think that's going to be the name of the game for me! Ooh well I did turn 23...Eek! (Notice the removal of blog description "Thoughts and Findings of a Young Triathlete" ...? I decided that's no longer applicable, time to think of a new one)


Hopefully it won't be another 2 months before any news worthy of posting happens!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:01 PM

    Hey Sweets you are still young ! ! !

    Perhaps the boot makes you feel more age aware than you should.

    I'm absolutely convinced you are the most underrated of the Elite tri-athletes. Buda U23 and Mool 2009 required genuine talent and hard work. 2012 will be fascinating with KS back on form. 2012 year of Kirsten!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I've been following this blog for some years now, and it's no fun to read you are still struggling with injuries. I hope you still have the motivation and spirit to come back !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:44 AM

    Hey Sweets,

    Love following your blog, hope you take this winter to get strong and come back ready to tear up the scene.

    Cant wait to see ya in 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:56 AM

    I think an update on your off season training habits would be of interest. Particularly when you are fully recovered.

    ReplyDelete